An alkaline diet consists of foods that have an alkaline effect on your body when they are metabolized. Consuming a diet rich in acidic foods as well as being exposed to stress and toxins has a devastating effect on your health and increases your risk of fatigue, weight gain, digestive issues and more.
If your body is acidic too long, your normal cells can alter to become toxic and even cancerous. An alkaline pH of the body has a very important role in maintaining your overall health
Alkalinity Plays an Important Role in Maintaining Good Overall Health
The pH scale actually runs from 0-14 (14 is the most alkaline, 0 is the most acidic, and 7 is neutral. For optimal health, the human body should have a pH value of 7.4. But, different systems and organs thrive in different pH levels. Specifically, the skin has a pH of 5, and the saliva has a pH of 6.5-7.0. The pH of the digestive tract can range anywhere between 1.5 to 7.0 and it depends mostly on the foods you consume.
In 1931, Dr. Otto Warburg received a Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine for his discovery that acidic environment is the cause of 90-95% of all cancer types. Another thing he discovered is that cancer cells can’t survive or grow in an alkaline environment.
This is why researchers have tested different pH levels of beverages and foods and their impact on the human body. Acidosis or over-acidity has been associated with the development of osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and any other chronic disease.
Here Is How to Detect if Your Body Is Too Acidic:
You can actually use regular pH paper to do a saliva test in order to detect if your body is too acidic. However, your body may also be too acidic in case you experience these symptoms:
- Chronic fatigue
- Inability to get enough air
- Easily running out of breath
- Muscle cramps and pain after walking short distances
If your pH levels drop the body will try to compensate by accumulating acidic substances from organs such as the liver, lungs and kidneys in order to maintain the pH balance. This can eventually cause the acidic substances to attack the normal cells making them toxic, sick and damaged. Over time these cells may metastasize, i.e., grow uncontrollably as well as spread to other body organs and parts.
Here Is How to Fight Acidosis and Improve Your Overall Health:
Chronic acidosis is almost always caused by a diet that consists of mainly processed foods, sugar, caffeine and alcohol. Other thins that could increase acidity is additives, pesticides and growth hormones that are common in the food we eat.
Besides making some specific changes in your diet, you should also consume alkaline water in order to fight acidosis.
This alkaline water can provide your body with what it needs to create homeostasis and prevent disease.
DIY Alkaline Water Recipe
- 1 large glass jar (You should use a glass jar since plastic may possess impurities and chemicals, which are acidic to your body.)
- 1 tbsp. of Himalayan salt (You can find it at any health food store.)
- 2l of purified water (You should use water that is not loaded with additives and chemicals.)
- 1 lemon (Make sure you use organic lemons since they are not loaded with pesticides and toxins.)
- Pour the water into the jar. Next, wash the lemon thoroughly and then slice it.
- Add the lemon without removing the peel.
- Afterwards, add the Himalayan salt and then cover the jar.
- Allow it to sit at room temperature for up to 24 hours.
- You should consume 3 glasses of this beverage before your breakfast.
You can also consume it during the day. Ultimately, you will notice a great difference in the way you feel, which means this alkaline water will boost your energy, your brain will become more alert and your skin will be healthier and clearer. As mentioned above, you should make some dietary changes (avoid consuming sugar, processed foods, alcohol, sugar, etc.) and drink this alkaline water regularly in order to fight acidosis and enhance your overall health and well-being.