Lemons are extremely healthy fruits that have various health benefits. They have a refreshing taste and can be added in teas or water for cleansing properties. Some of the reasons why lemons are so beneficial include:
- they are loaded with vitamin C
- they have antiviral and antibacterial properties
- they improve the digestion
- they help remove gut worms and parasites
- they regulate the blood pressure
- they act as an antidepressant
Why you should freeze lemons?
Lemons go bad easily but you can prevent this by freezing them. You also freeze the juice thus preserving the nutrients from the fruit. Frozen lemons are also easier to use and much more beneficial than fresh lemons.
- Get lemons with hard skin and no dark spots.
- Wash them with water, use special fruit soap if you wish. Or mix water and white vinegar to remove pesticides.
- Get some freezer bags with seals
You can either freeze the whole fruit, the juice, wedged or slices or even just the zest. Every part of the lemon has beneficial properties so you should never throw away anything. You can even use the peel to because they contain 10 times more vitamins than the fresh lemon juice. Sadly, we all throw the peel and just have the juice.
Instead of doing this, save every part. You can use the peels in many ways, add it in soup, cereals, cream, spaghetti, ice cream and more. Shred them or grate them, as you wish.
Even experts and science say lemon peel is healthy. The lemon and the peel is amazing for curing cancer or removal of cancer cells and lemons are even 10.000 times better than chemo! When you buy lemons, keep in mind, do not throw the peel and freeze them!