Onions are one of the healthiest foods in the world which can provide various health benefits. One of those benefits is the ability to protect and cleanse your kidneys which are vital organs that can cause serious issues if they don’t function properly.
We are going to explain why onions are so healthy and why you should eat them more often. Onions are a rich source of allicin as well as other vitamins and minerals which can detoxify the kidneys thus restore their function.
If you combine onions with lemon and parsley you will create a powerful remedy for purifying your entire body by removing the toxins which can improve your overall health.
Kidney cleanse with onion recipe
- 2 onions
- 2 lemons
- 3 springs of parsley
- 2 liters of water
Preparation and use:
First, boil the water and put it in a jar. Add the sliced onions in the jar with water and then the chopped parsley as well as the juice from the lemons. Leave the mixture for about 2 hours and then filter it. You can consume it right away.
You should drink 2 liters of this remedy every day. Separate the mixture into 5-6 portions, you don’t have to drink it all at once. It works as a diuretic and you should not consume it more than 2 weeks.
While taking this remedy, try to avoid sodium as well as foods that are rich in sugar and saturated fats. Eat more vegetables, green foods and fruits.
NOTE: Do not try this remedy if you suffer from hypertension, hypoglycemia or reflux problems.
Other benefits of onion for health:
- Onions contain vitamin C and phytochemicals which boost the immune system
- They regulate blood sugar because of the chromium they contain
- They are an excellent remedy for inflammation and infections
- Raw onion can reduce the bad cholesterol levels thus protect your heart
- Onions contain quercetin, a compound which has an important role in cancer prevention
- Onion juice can provide an immediate pain and itching relief when applied to a bee sting
- Onions can reduce the risk of gastric ulcer by eliminating free radicals
- They are an excellent source of vitamin A
Even though there are many types of onion, according to researchers the healthiest are western onions because they contain most phenols and flavonoids.