Maintaining the levels of the blood pressure within the normal range is one of the most important things to do if you want to be healthy. Blood pressure is the force that keep the blood flowing through the circulatory system and helps the blood distribute nutrients and oxygen to all the body parts. The normal range of blood pressure levels depends on various factors such as age, gender, level of activity etc.
CAUSES OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Often, the exact reasons for high blood pressure are not precise. The high blood pressure might occur because of:
- The amount of physical activity
- Family history
- Eating patterns, such as salty foods
- Alcohol intake
- Certain medications
SYMPTOMS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
The bad thing about high blood pressure is that you cannot feel it. Usually, there are no warning signs, which means that you can have it and not be aware of it. That is why it is crucial to get it checked.
BLOOD PRESSURE ACCORDING TO AGE
Age is one of the causes of high blood pressure. Therefore it is crucial to know what the blood pressure should be according to our age. But you should know that the levels differ for both men and women, and the age and gender should not be the only criteria which will determine the blood pressure. The best way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to get it checked by your health practitioner or doctor.
LIST OF WHAT YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE SHOULD BE ACCORDING TO YOUR GENDER AND AGE
In men, healthy blood pressure levels are the numbers predicted below.
- 20 years – 123/76
- From 20 to 30 years – 126/79
- 30-40 years – 129/81
- From 40 to 50 years – 135/83
- From 50 to 60 years – 142/85
- More than 60 years – 141/80
In women, the normal blood pressure levels are the numbers predicted below.
- 20 years – 116/72
- From 20 to 30 years – 120/75
- 30-40 years – 137/84
- From 40 to 50 years – 137/84
- From 50 to 60 years – 144/85
- More than 60 years – 159/85
It is recommended to keep a check when it comes to the blood pressure. It can be easily maintained with some lifestyle changes. Normal blood pressure not only help keep the kidneys and heart healthy, but at the same time, it can help avoid the risk of stroke.
5 WAYS TO MAINTAIN A NORMAL AND HEALTHY BLOOD PRESSURE
- Maintain a diet abundant in low-fat dairy products, fruits, and vegetables.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Reduce salt in the diet.
- Exercise on a regular basis at least 30 minutes of brisk walking on a daily basis.
- Moderate the alcohol drinking; men should keep a maximum of 2 drinks on a daily basis and women 1 drink on a regular basis.
The blood pressure is an essential aspect of our health. Therefore, it is crucial to take appropriate measures in order to keep it under control. In that way, you will ensure your happiness and the happiness of your family members and people who love you. If you find this article useful, share it with your friends and family.