Yoga has gained a lot of popularity in the past decade. Even though many people consider it a physical exercise that involves twisting, stretching and breathing in a certain manner, it is actually a combination of both mental and physical exercises.
Is yoga really that efficient?
Numerous studies have researched the effects of yoga on the health and it was discovered that it can reduce the risk of various health issues as well as improve the psychological state.
There are numerous Asana poses that have the ability to balance the thyroid function, a gland that is very important for the overall health.
Unfortunately, we are surrounded by chemicals that impair the function of the thyroid gland. However, instead of taking prescription drugs which can cause numerous side effects, you can balance the thyroid function with the following yoga poses:
1. Sarvanga Asana
This yoga pose requires a still posture and it is excellent for strengthening the thyroid gland. During this pose your body is upside down which means there is more pressure on the nervous system to activate the pituitary and pineal glands.
How to do it:
– Lay down on your back with your legs straight
– Start raising your legs towards the ceiling, both at the same time
– Raise your hips off the ground while keeping your palms on your lower back
– Stretch your legs upwards by pushing yourself with your elbows
– You should be touching your thyroid gland with your chin
– Try to keep a stable vertical line
A very simple and very beneficial pose for improving the thyroid function as well as the nervous system.
How to do it:
– Lay on your back
– Get in lotus position by crossing your left leg over your right one or the other way around
– Raise your back off the ground while keeping your head on the ground in order to create an arc with the back